What up in the world of Tim

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Why I will not find a girlfriend in Aiken SC

I read an interesting paper recently on the odds of a guy finding a girlfriend in London and it got me thinking.  What would the odds be of me finding a girl suitable to date here where I live (Aiken SC).  Thirty seconds on wolframalpha resulted in a terrifyingly depressing result. Two almost.  Two girls. Maybe.

A brief explanation of the numbers there
0.51 = fraction of the population that are women.
0.2 = fraction of the population that are age-appropriate
0.26 (and this is pretty generous here) = fraction of women with a college education.
0.05 = fraction of women i find physically attractive.

This neglects the fraction of women who find me attractive, the fraction of women who aren't already married or spoken for, and a number of other issues.

In summary: fuck this place man.  I'm moving to whore island.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home